ABOUT OUR CHURCH
In the late 1890’s a small Sunday School ministry was established on the corner of Burkhart and Marr roads. The Sunday School met in a one room school house. For over 60 years this Sunday School ministered to the residents of the “Marr Community” as it was known at that time. As a result of the vision, commitment, and prayer of several people, Marr Community Bible Church was officially incorporated as an independent Bible teaching church in 1958. Over the past 60 plus years Marr has experienced significant growth and ministry to the community continues to be the central focus of the church today.
As an independent Bible church, we are not formally affiliated with any denomination. This gives us independence from human tradition and frees us to be totally dependent on Jesus Christ, the Head of every local congregation of believers. Although we are not affiliated with any denomination, as a church we recognize our responsibility and accountability to other believers who make up the body of Christ in our community. Because of this, Marr fellowships closely with several other Bible teaching churches in the area. These times of joint ministry with other churches have been a blessing to us and, we hope, a testimony to our community of the love of Christ within us.
Our Pastors take seriously their responsibility to shepherd the people that God has placed under their care. Our people are also taught that they are responsible to share in the ministry of the church through the exercise of the gifts and talents that God has given them.
As a church it is our intent to:
- Maintain a balanced ministry and outreach to all age groups
- Provide a worship style that is a blend of the traditional and contemporary
- Live in accountability to one another while enjoying our liberty in Christ
- Be more committed to people than programs and events
- Meet legitimate needs both within the church and within the community
- Impact our community with the love of God and the good news of Jesus Christ